Whether you’re a solopreneur, a small business, or run a Fortune 500 company, there is one tie that binds all businesses: You must manage your money. But it takes a special person to love bookkeeping, and 99 percent of the time, it’s not you.* (*Based on unscientific research; we totally made up this stat. But it seems irrefutable, right?)
That said, it’s likely safe to say that most of us haven’t been trained in reconciling and reporting unless your business is, in fact, accounting. You started your business to follow a passion – a passion which decidedly doesn’t include allocating expenses into categories and organizing receipts.
But as your small business grows, you’ll likely reach a point where the cost-benefit for hiring a virtual bookkeeper proves infinitely more effective than allowing it to occupy your working – or personal – hours.
Why You Need A Virtual Small Business Bookkeeper
We get it, though. You may still need some convincing to hire a bookkeeper for your small business. After all, up until this point, you’ve been responsible for the comings and goings of every single dollar for your business – and you’re not quick to part with a single cent.
So here are just a few reasons why you should hire a bookkeeper for your small business – and maybe leave you to wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
- Long-Term Savings. Fewer things will prove as costly as poor money management for your small business. But hiring a virtual bookkeeper will allow you to save more while getting the maximum value for your business. Further, virtual bookkeeping services are far more cost-effective than having a salaried bookkeeper.
- Flexibility. Virtual bookkeeping services have experienced, trained bookkeepers who will manage your bookkeeping on your schedule – without worrying about the bottom-line impact of paying a full-time salary, sick days, holidays and benefits.
- Objective Financial Advice. With a third-party involved, you get an unbiased, expert opinion on the financial health of your business. And with that perspective, you can make informed business decisions to impact the health and vitality of your business.
- Accurate Financial Reporting. When you’re juggling it on your own, bookkeeping can often take a back seat – but it can’t afford to. Virtual bookkeeping services can provide updated financial reporting in real time so once tax season rears its head, your accounting is ready to go.
- Cash Flow Management. With a virtual bookkeeper for your small business, you can easily refer to your financials and evaluate your profits. Further, you can closely monitor both your payables and receivables to increase your cash flow, making your operating activities easier.
- Save Time. Hiring a virtual bookkeeper to check off those tasks that inevitably end up dead last on your mile-long to-do list will save you time, stress, and a huge headache when the end of the year rolls around.
- Peace of Mind. Need we say more? Because really, if none of the aforementioned benefits for hiring a virtual bookkeeper for your small business resonate with you, surely you can appreciate the pricelessness of something – anything – giving you peace of mind while you juggle literally everything else.
Bottom line: Whether you’re a billionaire tycoon or a small business run from a home office, managing your bottom line is the difference between success and failure.
Get a Virtual Bookkeeper for Your Small Business
If you’re ready to wave the white flag on handling your red and black margins, let one of BELAY’s experienced virtual bookkeepers help! Contact us today and get paired with your dream bookkeeper, You’ll regain your peace of mind – and wonder why you waited so long.