1. Negotiation is a soft skill we use daily to live with our families and work with our teams. However, most people don’t consider themselves to be strong negotiators. There are three steps to negotiating in life:
- Building influence with a reputation communicating what you stand for.
- Negotiating deals that benefit both parties.
- Nurturing relationships with people you meet and work with.
As you repeat these three steps, your negotiating power becomes stronger.
2. In addition to profit, measure the progress of your business by its scalability, which Daymond defines as ‘the ability to grow.’ Daymond typically looks at how little the organization has to spend to produce its current results, the current processes ability to be replicated to further growth, and the awareness of the organization is of the customers’ needs.
3. Education is the x-factor for every business leader. Daymond emphasized the reality that we’ll make mistakes. However, our ability to learn and grow will be the best determining factor in how far we go. There’s a new challenge at every stage of our journey, and the only thing consistent will bring to those experiences is ourselves. To make sure we’re ready, we must continually invest in ourselves through podcasts, books, online courses, peers, and mentors.