Once you’ve gotten a new subscriber on your list, how can you ready them for the next transactional step? Enter the drip sequence. A drip sequence is an excellent way to make sure that new subscribers get familiar with your company and understand a bit more about you and how you can help them.
A drip sequence – often called “marketing automation” or “autoresponders” – is a series of emails that are sent out automatically to new subscribers. This could mean that a “Welcome” email goes out to new subscribers right away, and then others are scheduled to be sent every 3-5 days after that for a designated period of time. Most professional email clients offer this – everyone from MailChimp to Infusionsoft have some version of this service.
Setting up and writing a drip campaign can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! There is a variety of content that you probably already have in-house that can be repurposed for this drip campaign.
Here are some of our ideas for a new subscriber Drip Sequence.
- Delve into your mission and values
- User Onboarding – how to use your product, features of product, etc.
- Ask and answer 10 FAQ’s about your business
- Share resources – your most popular blog articles, infographics, ebooks, etc.
- Introduce your team members
- Share personal stories – how you got started, how you grew, etc.
- Offer case studies – share up to (3) success stories of clients with your products
- Share your favorite TED Talks – share great TED Talks and invite conversation
- Tips & Tricks – share tips and tricks useful for those in your target audience
- Connection Points – Share all the ways people can connect with you from events to social media!
- BONUS: Mix and match the above for a complete unique and amazing drip campaign!
Email marketing is a powerful way to connect with your audience and nurture them towards action. Think about these strategies and how you can adapt them to your business. And, as always, if we can help let servius know.