It’s clear that the Digital Age has changed marketing forever, and even though the digital space adds to the noise your customers hear, it also gives you more opportunities to get in front of potential customers.
Earlier this month, we talked about the importance of your business blog in the Digital Age. But how can you increase your blog traffic and readership? Integrating your blog posts into your social media content is an excellent way to increase traffic and grow an engaged, enlightened audience.
Blog + Social Media Content = Marketing Magic. Here are our suggestions for getting some of that marketing magic.
On the day you publish a new blog article, tell the masses!
- Create a blog graphic for use on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Image posts get up to 80% more engagement.
- Pair your graphic with a some text to create status updates for your company’s Facebook and Twitter feeds. Post these status updates – up to 3x a day – on the first day. Don’t rely on just one post to inform your audience on these particular feeds. Make sure each post is a little different, and avoid publishing to Twitter and Facebook at the same time as this can come across as “spammy” to new followers.
- Create a status update with the blog article link & graphic for LinkedIn and Google+ up to 1x a day.
- Create a separate graphic for Instagram to publicize your post there. Change the link in your profile to a direct blog article link. In the caption, include “Click the link in the bio to read more.”
- Pin your blog graphic to Pinterest with a summary sentence to point traffic to the article.
For one week after you publish, keep taking and get creative in your approach.
- Create a status update up to 1x a day for a week after the blog article was posted on Twitter and Facebook.
- If any books, authors or people are referenced in your latest blog post, find their Twitter handle, then tag them on Twitter in one of your announcements.
- If anyone shares or re-tweets your article, take a moment to thank them.
If your social media content is evergreen, pre-schedule your posts for up to two years!
- Using a tool like Buffer or Hootsuite, take a moment to schedule some Tweets and Facebook posts for the future. It might look something like this.
- 1x a month for 6 months
- 1x every 3 months for 6 months
- 1-2x when thematically relevant
- Using a tool like Grum, take a moment to schedule a few more Instagram posts. Pick a few dates in the future — perhaps you can take advantage of their “tbt” or “Throwback Thursday” theme to draw attention to the content.
Your blog helps position you as an authority for potential clients. Integrating a great blog with these social media techniques will help you advertise your created content. Plus, every brand needs a few posts like this to help diversify their social content.
Have you already been utilizing social media to advertise your blog? What’s worked for you? Let us know on Facebook!
Remember, if you need help with your blog or with your social media management, we’re ready to help!