How To Be A Virtual Assistant: Virtual Assistant Training & Guide
Table of Contents
- Virtual Assistant Skills You Need
- What Makes a Great Virtual Assistant
- Virtual Assistant Software & Tools
- Tips & Tricks For Virtual Assistant Beginners
A virtual assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative services to clients while operating outside of the client’s office and typically operates from home.
So, we know what a virtual assistant is – and that’s a great start.
But maybe the rest of the details are a little fuzzy for you. Maybe you want to know exactly what a virtual assistant is and does because you want to become one – and you know that the more you know, the more likely you are to be successful.
You sound like our kinda VA.
We’re talking nuts-and-bolts, nitty-gritty, everything-you-need-to-know kind of information to equip those wanting virtual assistant training with the confidence to pursue their dreams.
Specifically, the ebook and course will cover – and answer – the following:
Virtual Assistant Skills You’ll Need
Roles of A Virtual Assistant
Defining what a VA is can feel a little like trying to nail Jell-O to a wall. Why? Because they could be and do virtually anything. Here we’ll cover what a VA is, what they can do, and how they differ from their brick-and-mortar counterparts.
Additionally, we’ll answer …
- Executive vs. administrative vs. virtual assistants: What’s the difference?
- What’s the difference between a contractor and an employee?
- What are a virtual assistant’s responsibilities?
- What are some considerations before becoming a virtual assistant?
- How to get started as a virtual assistant?
What Makes A Great Virtual Assistant
So, now you know that you definitely want to be a virtual assistant and that you have what it takes. But what you don’t want is to be a good virtual assistant—you want to be great. \
There are a few mission-critical qualities that make for a great virtual assistant, which include …
Virtual Assistant Software and Tools
As a virtual assistant, you’ll need a certain level of tech-savviness and an openness to new tools and communication methods.
Without daily in-person chats with your client, you have to be able to clearly articulate your needs, updates, and requests via other channels.
In this section, our ebook will help you understand the importance of making it a point to learn about new software, templates, and apps that would help make your job easier and your client’s life better, such as …
- Email Management
- You’ll learn inbox management, including how to organize your inbox so you can better see, manage, and store everything in your inbox; the importance of canned responses, including how to streamline communication and create efficiency with provided responses to save you time and energy; and email etiquette and email preferences, including mission-critical tips and best practices to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Calendar/Scheduling Management
- Calendar management is a significant part of your role as a VA, both in importance and the amount of time dedicated to it. It helps your client to manage their time, and stay organized and on schedule.
Learn how to have a defined system in place for calendar management to help you and your client work efficiently.
- Travel Management
- Learn all the tips and tricks of travel management to help you to create well laid out travel plans for your client to ensure a seamless experience when your client is traveling to prevent unnecessary stress, circumvent scheduling issues with meetings or events, and reduce unexpected expenses due to travel mishaps.
- Communication – clear, explicit and thoughtful communication – is the foundation for everything when working remotely, especially as a virtual assistant.
Learn how to communicate expectations and needs clearly, explicitly and thoughtfully, what communication to use and when, how to have courageous conversations.
- Build Trust
- Trust is a key component to a successful and long-lasting relationship between a client and a VA. Proving you are, in fact, a trustworthy VA isn’t difficult – but it does require some intentionality on your part.
Gain insight into building long-lasting, trust-filled relationships with your clients so you’re entrusted to be an extension of them and represent the business in a positive way that helps it grow and thrive.
- Instant Messaging
- Project Management and Managing Vendors
- Password Management
- Document Sharing
- Best Practices
- Responsiveness and Organizational Skills
- Stress Management
- Practicing Self-Care
- Setting and Achieving Goals
- CRM and Data Management
- Social Media
- Supporting Multiple Leaders
- Leading Up and Servant Leadership
Tips & Tricks For Virtual Assistant Beginners
A virtual assistant role is not a simple and easy one. You are responsible for another person’s productivity, stress level, and time, and there are so many ways to support your client throughout the workday.
Here is where we show you where to start as a virtual assistant, including …
- Setting clear goals and expectations
- Being a strategic partner
- Implementing defined processes
- Continued learning and development
- Setting boundaries
There is so much to learn about being an amazing assistant – and it begins with your free download of How To Be A Virtual Assistant: A Beginner’s Guide.
Then, once you’re primed and ready to take your virtual assistant training to the next level, check out our Ultimate Virtual Assistant Master Class to learn all things essential to becoming a rock star virtual assistant.
We’re talking nuts-and-bolts, nitty-gritty, everything-you-need-to-know kind of information to equip you to become a virtual assistant with the confidence to pursue your dreams.
With that, you’re ready to make a difference in someone’s life – congratulations!