Remember when you became a pastor to do bookkeeping?
No …? Hm.
Surely you remember all of those QuickBooks courses you took in seminary.
Ringing a bell now? No?
Because of course you don’t. You didn’t become a pastor to be an accountant and you didn’t attend seminary to learn about software.
Your job – your calling – is to commit your time and energy to shepherding those God has brought through your doors and entrusted to you but often, the brunt of everyday administrative responsibilities such as bookkeeping falls squarely on your shoulders.
Scope creep is real, and churches are no exception. But the bottom line about your church’s bottom line is that its finances are important, mission-critical even, and can’t be left to chance or – worse – neglected altogether.
Thankfully, the future is now and with it comes a bounty of tools, technologies and software at-the-ready to make our lives easier, more efficient and more organized.
Luckily for you, 2020 is the year we vowed to help our beloved clients and readers become even more productive, so we’ve got your back – with the preeminent church accounting software: Bill.com.
And before you ask: No, we’re not sponsored by Bill.com or collect any shares of sales or other compensation from them. It’s just a seriously great bookkeeping software for churches – and us, for that matter. We use it to pay our bills, also.
Watch Elizabeth Reid, our Corporate Compliance Accountant, show you how we use it at BELAY.
Church Finances: Dollars-and-Sense
From maintaining financial records, including dates and amount of every transaction, tax planning, financial planning, consulting services and more, your church’s finances can include – but are not limited to:
- Recording tithes, offerings and any other church income
- Accounts receivable
- Depositing receivables into church account
- Reconciling petty cash receipts
- Account reconciliation
- Balancing checking and investment accounts
- Accounts payable
- Employee Payroll & Reimbursement
- Preparing weekly, biweekly, monthly, and yearly reports of the church’s financial records
- Creating a yearly budget
- Bank feeds
- Processing payroll
… and more.
It’s a lot.
But with Bill.com, you have a centralized, intelligent church accounting payables and receivables workspace that automates, well, nearly everything
A seriously intuitive and streamlined accounting software for churches, like Bill.com, can get you up-and-running quickly – THINK: hours and days, not weeks or months. It can help you:
- Increase efficiency and save time by automating busywork – so you can focus on your church.
- Help you gain more control by setting up approval workflows and customized roles to suit your needs.
- Be audit-ready with all payment-related activity logged for easy reference.
- Feel secure knowing that all data in transit is encrypted and in a secure location.
And BONUS! It all comes with exceptional support – all just a click away.
Take care of your people. Let software take care of your church finances.
Your job? To connect with people in faith. A church accounting software’s job? To handle the finances – so you can focus on doing that which called you to ministry in the first place: leading your people.
Need additional support? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Bookkeeping.