Here at BELAY, we have six Core Values that help keep us aligned to our vision.
One of our Core Values is team: “We are all in this together. We run to our problems, challenges, and our opportunities.” Well, another thing we run to is spending quality time together. We are a virtual company, which means no cubicles, water cooler meet-ups, or casual Fridays (since every day is casual!). Therefore, we put a strong emphasis on our internal company events. These serve as times for our team members to connect, get to know each other, and enjoy. We have several events throughout the year and believe it’s a great idea for any company to invest in these as well. Here’s why.
5 Reasons Why Internal Events are Important for Your Team
- ) People are social beings. We want our team to enjoy the time they spend together. We have several events to which we invite spouses and families. We can see how this boosts morale and builds happy teams. Happy teams are strong teams.
- ) Having fun connects people. We’ve seen this especially at our bi-annual company events, where we put a heavy emphasis on having great time. When you invest in this, you show your team that they are valued, and that matters to them. Irresistible events yield employees who want to be there. When we hire new team members, a common thing we hear is how excited they are for the upcoming social function.
- ) Bringing the team together puts everyone on common ground. When the executives get to share a bowling lane with their assistants, they get to know each other on a much different level. This, in turn, builds trust and unity.
- ) Putting purpose behind internal events can benefit the organization overall. They don’t have to be all fun and games. Use this time together to brainstorm, have open-table conversations, see who can come up with the next great revenue-generating ideas, etc.
- ) We believe internal events create loyalty. Of course, we plan events that we love to attend so it never feels wasted. Yes, they cost money, but they are worth it. We’ve learned to leverage these events to build an irresistible culture and a solid team. You can do the same for your company as well!
Do you have internal events or team building activities in your organization? Tell us about is on FaceBook!
This post was originally published by Paige Atkins on the Miles AG Blog on 8/17/16 before we consolidated all our brands and blogs into one. It has been updated for today’s post.